Stephen Covey: Seven Habits, Stephen Covey: 7 Habits, Stephen Covey: Seven (7) Habits

Stephen Covey, 7 Seven Habits, Stephen Covey, Seven 7 Habits, Stephen Covey, 7 Seven Habits,

Monday, June 06, 2005

Stephen Covey's 7 Habits Highly Effective People: It Really Is Important

Click on This Line of Text for More on Stephen Covey and The Seven (7) Habits of Highly Effective People

Stephen Covey's Seven Habits book (STEPHEN COVEY SEVEN (7) HABITS BOOKS: Click ON ME), when you strip away the hype and coffuffle that any "fad" attracts, is not just "good stuff," there is a sense in which it is an essential approach.

Since I started this Blog, and decided to take Covey's book as a daily guideline for life (if only to see what would happen!) I have noticed a lot of great effects. It really does matter, for example, that you take the long view, plan carefully, not live in "day-tight-compartments" but think about what it is you are trying to accomplish. I would also say that the attempt to live a more moral life, and a more organised life, have paid off in terms of my mood. I feel less swamped, less in need of attending to every little potential problem (if it's not a "biggy" I ignore it), and I would say that my relationships have all improved. I would say, in general, that I feel freer, that things that I would once have fretted over are now acknowledged as peripheral to my main goals, and that I am generally more forgiving.

What can I say? I would recommend Covey's ideas to anyone -- which does not mean that they can be read over once and then absorbed: I am making it a daily habit to pick up the Seven Habits and dip into it, just as I would if I were studying for a course. After all, I am thinking all the time anyway, perhaps it is better to organise my thinking, and start pointing it at "the things that matter most."
For Tools that could help you to organise and focus on priorities, click on this for the website of Stephen Covey and The Seven (7) Habits of Highly Effective People

CLICK on ME for STEPHEN COVEY SEVEN (7) HABITS BOOKS

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home