Stephen Covey: Seven Habits, Stephen Covey: 7 Habits, Stephen Covey: Seven (7) Habits

Stephen Covey, 7 Seven Habits, Stephen Covey, Seven 7 Habits, Stephen Covey, 7 Seven Habits,

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Organizing and Wrestling with Time

This is the crux isn't it? For me, actually, I think the issue is wrestling less with time, and more with my own indecision of what is the best course of action at any given moment. I cannot stress enough the value of writing down or typing out these issues (something I picked up from cognitive behavioral therapy).

Covey, of course, is famous for his organisational systems, and is often made fun of for it (see the Simpsons!). In fact, Covey's idea is less about "super-scheduling" (which, accurately I think, simply stultifies you!), and more about laying out a framework, putting it down on paper or in a habdheld device or organiser, not so as you can be dictated to by such a contraption, but so that you can get clear in your mind, without your thoughts running around like a rabbit-warren, in your head, where it is you're at. This is therapy indeed... I wonder, in fact, if more GP's didn't recommend this as a prescription for anxiety and depression, if there wouldn't be so much consumption of SSRI's and other antidepressants... (Who knows? Certainly I feel less anxious and inhibited generally throughout my day when I plan things out on paper or on computer in such a way as to highlight my future goals, how it is I'm getting to them, and why it is, ultimately, that I am going through the pain of such-and-such a tedious task at the moment...)

Covey's company suggests a number of organisational systems... this link might help you if you think it might be useful to try out...
Click on This Line of Text for More on Stephen Covey and The Seven (7) Habits of Highly Effective People

CLICK ON THIS TO GET MORE OF MY POSTS ON COVEY WITHOUT HAVING TO COME BACK TO MY SITE...!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home